Saturday, April 11, 2015

Luis Suarez: I almost sign for Real Madrid, but when Barcelona called I didn’t hesitate even one moment

Soccer News:


Luis Suarez arrived in Barcelona last summer from Liverpool for 81 million euros. But in recent interview Suarez told reporters that he could easily end in Real Madrid. Suarez said that transfer to Real was almost near finishing when Barcelona called and once he heard about that he couldn’t refuse his child dream.


“I was close to signing for Real Madrid, but my dreams were always to play for Barcelona. When I heard that Barcelona would like to sign me I didn’t hesitate even one moment.”


While playing for Liverpool Suarez was one of main strikers and assistants, he played total 133 games for Liverpool and scored 82 goals with 52 assists. This season for Barcelona Suarez missed firs part of the season due to FIFA ban, but sport analyst are saying that once Suarez return Barcelona start playing. Reporters asked Suarez how would he rate his performance so far for Barcelona, he replayed that the most important thing is that he do things that help the team. He doesn’t matter will he score or be assisted as long that helps the team.


Barcelona is full of great players


Off course reporters couldn’t avoid the question about playing with Messi and Neymar. While playing in Liverpool Suarez was the main star of that team and with Steven Gerrard he was the leader on the field. But in Barcelona he is not in the main role.


“For me it’s privilege to play with Messi and Neymar. Before (in Liverpool and Ajax) I would feel great responsibility and I would blame myself if things go in wrong way, but in Barcelona you have a lot of great players and you don’t have that big responsibility.”


This season Suarez made 31 appearances for Barcelona. With 16 goals he is currently third goal scorer behind Messi (44) and Neymar (26), but with 15 assists he is right behind Messi (25). Barcelona fans can only imagine how his statistic would look like if he wasn’t ban until the end of October.


by ScoresPro.com


Photo by jikatu



Luis Suarez: I almost sign for Real Madrid, but when Barcelona called I didn’t hesitate even one moment

No comments: