Sunday, January 18, 2015

Varane denies fitness issues over lack of playing time

Soccer: LA LIGA News:


Raphael Varane has seen most of the Real Madrid clashes this season from the sidelines as Pepe and Sergio Ramos have been the preferred central defensive partnership for Carlo Ancelotti. Having risen to fame with his immaculate displays against Barcelona at the tender age of 19, Varane tamed Lionel Messi and was tipped to be one of the best defenders of the coming generation.


Varane was preferred by Jose Mourinho to partner Sergio Ramos during his time at Real Madrid but Pepe has now regained his spot in the starting XI under the new manager. His displays of ruthlessness and perseverance have impressed Carlo Ancelotti and has led to Varane being dropped to the bench.


Varane has recently recovered from a knee problem which was also a prime reason for him losing his place to Pepe and the young defender has now come out and stated clearly that his fitness is not a concern over his selection. He feels he is completely fit and has recovered fully from his injury which saw him sidelined for most part of last season.


He was reported as saying, “I have had one year without my knee hurting and I am capable of playing every three days without discomfort. I am 100 per cent with this team. I am happy here and I have a contract until 2020.”


Varane also reiterated the fact that he is happy with the role that he has with the team and is happy to see his team mates perform. “Pepe and Sergio Ramos have played more than me, but when it is my time I try to do my best for the team.”


Varane is a great defender and surely has his best days ahead of him. If fit, he will surely get the chances and will be able to prove himself to his manager and his club.


by ScoresPro.com


Photo by katabasis



Varane denies fitness issues over lack of playing time

No comments: