Saturday, January 24, 2015

Serie A: Conte hints at Juventus Reunion

Serie A Rumors


Italian National team coach Antonio Conte has hinted that he might return to Juventus after his spell with the Rossoneri and that the club holds a very special place in his heart.


The Italian coach recently took over the Italian national team job after resigning from the Juventus head coach duty at the start of the season. There were several rumors linked to his departure from his favorite club, the top of which was the selling of the major Juventus stars and the lack of fulfillment of the transfer targets highlighted by Antonio Conte.


Antonio Conte was the coach who resurrected Juventus back to the top of Serie A with 3 consecutive Serie A titles before he opted to step down. The then Juventus coach was amongst the top managers in the world and was a target for top clubs all over the world. His managerial skills helped Juventus oust the likes of Milan and Napoli and made the Old Lady invincibles in the Serie A.


Conte also featured as a player for Juventus, making 500 appearances for the club before going on to manage the team. His shocking departure left everyone surprised but Conte reveals he made the right choice.


Talking to the media, he stated, “It was not a decision I made as a bolt from the blue. I think I chose with my head more than my heart, because my heart would have told me to go on and on with Juve. It was a decision at the conclusion of three very intense years, which took a huge physical and mental toll, especially for me.”


He further went on to say that, “Will I come back to Juve? Let’s see, never say never. I am bound to this city through intense relationships: I spent 16 years as a player and as a coach.”


A reunion of Antonio Conte with his old club would be remarkable but Juventus currently do have a very strong position, sitting clearly on top of the Serie A standings 2014/2015.


by ScoresPro.com



Serie A: Conte hints at Juventus Reunion

No comments: