Saturday, March 07, 2015

Premier League Rumors: Brendan Rodgers denies that he has plans to leave Liverpool

Soccer Rumors and News:


The current Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, has signed a long-term deal with the Reds in May 2014, but lately a lot of rumors have been sending him to Manchester City. Rodgers hasn’t shown in any ways that he wants to leave his current club, however, this is business and it can’t be said with a certainty of 100% that this means he will actually stay with Liverpool for the long-term.


When he was asked where he would go if he has to leave Liverpool, the 42-year-old manager answered the following: “I’ve signed a deal here and I want to be here to see that through. Then, hopefully, I’ve earned enough time to warrant another deal, to keep growing and building here.”


Brendan Rodgers hasn’t yet won any trophy with the Anfield club since arriving in the summer of 2012, but was able to lead the team to the second place in the Barclay’s Premier League last season, which earned them a place in the UEFA Champions League group stage. This season, the situation has been a bit different – Liverpool’s campaign started pretty slow, but they have been able to gather some pace lately. The Reds are now unbeaten in their last 12 league games and are just two points behind Manchester United, which are sitting in fourth place.


“If I’m here after this year, it will be the longest period in any role I’ve been in football. I’ve always been the same. After three years, I’ve always moved a role or job,” Rodgers said “I always saw Liverpool as a club that was going to be a destination for me, not somewhere that was part of the journey.”


Even though there have been a lot of rumors surrounding Rodgers, it doesn’t seem like he wants to go anywhere else at the moment. “I really wanted to be here, follow some incredible managers with a support that is unrivalled, and to have success while knowing I was young enough to create and build something. That is why I came here. I know I need to justify that by working well and winning trophies. I hope that is the next step. When you come here, that is what you are judged on. It is something I want to do for all the supporters and people here.” The question is, if Rodgers doesn’t win a title with Liverpool, is there a chance that he will be fired, even though he wishes to stay at Anfield?


By ScoresPro.com



Premier League Rumors: Brendan Rodgers denies that he has plans to leave Liverpool

No comments: