Thursday, March 26, 2015

Luis Suarez: At first, I did not want to be seen as a selfish player so I thought, what will the other guys say to me? So I ended up passing the ball instead of shooting.

Soccer News:


Many people speculated that Barcelona didn’t need to buy Luis Suarez from Liverpool last year in summer transfer window. After excellent season in Liverpool where Suarez scored 31 goals and had 24 assistants Barcelona bought him for 88 million euros. After World Cup incident with Giorgio Chiellini, Suarez gets 4 months month ban from football. First game for Barcelona Suarez played on 25 October against Real Madrid; they lost 3-1 and Suarez assist Neymar for only Barcelona goal in that game. In the latest El Clasico played four days ago, Barcelona take revenge on Real Madrid and win 2-1. Luis Suarez scored second goal for Barcelona in that game.


In the latest interview Suarez told the newspapers that he was aware of his poor performance once he started playing for Barcelona. Suarez biggest problem once he arrived in Barcelona was not poor form but Barcelona play style. Suarez said that most teams against Barcelona play hard defense and that was the main problem for him and he need to get used to that. Suarez said that his striker instincts were fine from the start but he did not know how to act on the pitch.


“At first, I did not want to be seen as a selfish player so I thought, what will the other guys say to me? So I ended up passing the ball instead of shooting. Over the course of time I dare to shoot again.”


Suarez thinks that there is still plenty of room for him to improve in Barcelona, but he is happy with the team and city. This season, or maybe it’s better to say since October, Luis Suarez scored 14 goals and have 15 assists from 29 appearances. For Uruguay national team Luis Suarez made 79 appearances and scored 44 goals in total.


by ScoresPro.com


Photo by L. F. Salas


Photo by theglobalpanorama



Luis Suarez: At first, I did not want to be seen as a selfish player so I thought, what will the other guys say to me? So I ended up passing the ball instead of shooting.

No comments: