Sunday, February 01, 2015

NBA News: Damian Lillard states he is "pissed" by the All-Star snub

Basketball, NBA News:


The All-Star Reserves were announced a couple of days ago and of course there were a bunch of players that got snubbed. Damian Lillard is one of them, but he is maybe the only one to take it so personal. He stated that he is “pissed” and utterly disrespected from the fact that he will not participate in next month’s NBA All-Star Game.


“I was surprised. I said it before: I thought I did all I could do individually. I thought my team has been successful. It wasn’t something I could I control. Everything that I could control to give myself my best shot, I did. It played out how it played out” Lillard said in an interview. “I’m definitely going to take it personal. I said I’d be pissed off about it. And I am. I just felt disrespected. Because I play the game the right way, I play unselfishly, I play for my team to win games and I produce at a high level. I think what what I bring to the game as a person, my makeup mentally, how I am toward my teammates, how I am toward the media, how I am toward fans; I think what an All-Star represents in this league, and what you would want people to look at as an All-Star, I think I make up all those things. For me to be having the type of season that I’m having, which is better than any one that I’ve had before, and my team to be third in the Western Conference, I just see it as disrespect.”


It’s not really hard to see why Lillard felt so bad regarding the fact he was not chosen to participate in the All-Star Game – the Portland Trail Blazers have been playing magnificent in the tough Western Conference largely because Lillard is on the roster. Furthermore, his numbers throughout the season have been pretty impressive – 21.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 6.3 assists and 1.4 steals per game – all above his career averages. There was a chance that th point-guard may still be in the game as a replacement for the injured Kobe Bryant, however the place was taken from DeMarcus Cousins. At this point it almost 100% sure that Lillard won’t be lacing his sneakers for the game in New York, which is kind of a disappointment for the fans around the world, as he is one of the most exciting players around the league.


By ScoresPro.com



NBA News: Damian Lillard states he is "pissed" by the All-Star snub

No comments: