Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jacobs Signs Deal With Giants

The 264-pound halfback of the Giants decided to stay and signed a four-year, $25 million contract on Wednesday. Just less than two weeks after putting a franchise tag on him, Brandon Jacobs agreed to continue to play for the New York Giants which came less than two days before the start of the NFL free agency period.

In a statement released by the team, Jacobs said, "I was confident all along that this was going to get done I didn't panic one bit. I know the reason we did it the way we did; I knew I was going to be here. I was super-confident and I am here. I'm happy about it."

Despite a knee injury which forced him to sit out three games, Jacobs ran for 1,089 yards and landed 15 touchdowns, helping the Giants win the NFC East last season.

General manager Jerry Reese said "Both parties are happy to get a long-term deal done," and added, "Now Brandon can totally concentrate on the off season program and get himself ready to go this fall."

Sports News and Livescore by ScoresPro.com

Source: ScoresPro.com

No comments: